Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Papabile and Bioethics

I’m religiously ignorant, but have been remotely following news about the selection the next pope. For any readers who may be similarly ignorant, the following sites may be of some interest:

Papabile (a blog about the papabile (meaning potential candidates for popes, pl))
Detroit Free Press
Outside the Beltway (another blog with a slightly different perspective)

Cardinal Angelo Scola appears to have addressed some bioethical issues more than his colleagues, but I was unable to find any of his writings. If any readers know where I can get my hands on 'em, please let me know. Of course, who know's what is meant by bioethics, the term can be broadly construed...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bioethics Dude said...

I had an additional thought in re the bioethical aspect of all this:

Is it really bioethics, or is it rather one of morals that is being discussed? I am leaning toward the latter as the religious angles appear to lean more toward conduct than oughts. --BD

April 19, 2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger Bioethics Dude said...

Here's a follow-up article talking about Pope Benedict XVI's statements about bioethics, but really morals...
http://www.lifenews.com/nat1278d.html

April 20, 2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
Hey why don't you peep my compare credit equity home line blog site.

November 28, 2005 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory