Monday, March 28, 2005

The Blog’s a Month Old; Reflections

Well, it’s been a month since the Dude started posting, and here are some reflections and goals for the future:

  • The post that got the most comments, even recently, was in relation to the Pharmacist refusing to provide the prescription for contraceptives. The HealthLawProf Blog had new thoughts on it that reflected the Dude's.
  • I don't suppose it's been too bad thus far. Readership numbers on weekdays are around 40ish, and are mostly from the East coast.
  • Am continuing to find the groove and scope of the blog, especially in terms of whether to post longer and more comprehensive posts or shorter news bites w/ brief comments. In that regard, I welcome any reader's comments. I may tend toward longer and more comprehensive posts, which will result in my posting less frequently --perhaps 3-5 times per week. I feel that quick news bites can be found on most blogs and there's no reason to post additionally and add to the glut.
  • Possible future posts are to address chimeric research, whether IRBs are too paternalistic, and interesting health law reflections based on the 26 CDC Public Health Law Readings; I've read 8 so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Orac said...

Your blog's been good so far. Don't worry about the relatively low numbers of readers thus far. It will pick up if you keep it up, although it may be slow.

One thing that helped me get my blog noticed was to contribute an article every week to Grand Rounds and Tangled Bank. That brings in new readers.

April 02, 2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Please come by and see my plastic surgery breast augmentation blog.

December 07, 2005 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory